Getting Started Using POPLINE
The Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project is pleased to announce that our new POPLINE® website is officially launched. We have completely redesigned our layout including a fresh new look and easy-to-use interface for accessing a wealth of family planning and reproductive health information in just a few clicks!
While we are excited about this next chapter, we believe that a great website is never truly finished. Our new website will become the launching point for many exciting new features we will be rolling out in both the near and distant future.
To make sure you get the most of the new website, we have listed some of the new features below. We hope you enjoy exploring the new POPLINE website, and please feel free to send us comments or feedback you may have.
So what's new? In addition to the more modern, engaging look, you’ll find several new features, including:
- Redesigned Home page: The POPLINE Home page continues to provide a simple search interface that searches the full POPLINE record and links to canned topic searches. We’ve added a new feature(s) block where we can highlight new additions to the database or new features to the website.
- User Account: The first thing you'll want to do is set up a user account on POPLINE. Your account allows you to take advantage of these features:
- My Documents: My Documents provides a centralized place where saved records are easily accessed and exported.
- My Searches: Bookmark and name your search for future use.
- POPLINE Document Delivery: Users in low- and middle-income countries can request copies of most documents found in POPLINE. Now you only have to fill in your shipping information once.
- Advanced Search: Our updated advanced search page provides more options for building targeted searches. Adding multiple search boxes for each field and an autocomplete feature, making it easier to find keywords, help the user create complex queries.
- POPLINE Subject pages: We’ve divided our subject coverage into 12 main categories each with its own page describing POPLINE’s coverage of the topic and links to pre-coordinated searches within that topic area.
- Filter Search Results: On the side of your search results page, filtering options for Keyword, Region/Country, Language, and Year lets you refine your search even further.
- Export Search Results: We've given you flexibility when it comes to your search results. Take advantage of multiple export options—including CSV, RIS, and TXT formats.
Click on the links below for more information on these POPLINE features: