Welcome to POPLINE
POPLINE provides access to 380,000 carefully selected publications and resources related to family planning and reproductive health
A total market approach (TMA) to family planning harnesses the resources of the entire range of health care providers—public, private (nonprofit and for-profit commercial), and donor—to ensure that all people who want family planning products and services can access them, regardless of their ability to pay. K4Health's new topic page on TMA highlights key messages,the latest essential evidence and tools, eLearning courses, and connects you to projects implementing a total market approach in family planning.
The Total Market Approach topic page includes:
- Overview: of the topic including key messages;
- Take a Course: relevant Global Health eLearning courses;
- Access Tools: several resources to standardize how countries assess their need and readiness for a TMA.;
- Review the Evidence: POPLINE searches on various sub-topics; key documents such as USAID High-Impact Practices in Family Planning Briefs;
- Illustrate and Advocate: Images from Photoshare, videos, and other multimedia resources;
- Share and Connect: Blogs; projects implementing TMA in FP
Economic Empowerment: A Potential Pathway for Women and Girls to Gain Control Over Their Sexual and Reproductive Health
Economic empowerment is the ability to make and act on decisions that involve the control over and allocation of financial resources. Women’s influence over financial decisions is associated with increased use of preventive health services by children and women, including use of modern contraceptive methods.
Thus, interventions that aim to increase the economic power of women and girls may improve reproductive health behaviors, including sustained use of modern contraception, particularly when linked with investments that directly address reproductive health and family planning and/or gender norms.
This brief summarizes the current evidence on interventions used by family planning programs that sought to improve women’s or girls’ economic empowerment and that measured key family planning outcomes. The interventions cluster in three primary focus areas:
- Vocational Training
- Cash transfers
POPLINE is pleased to announce a new Advanced Search interface. This completely redesigned layout offers new features, many our users have been asking for.
- Integrated POPLINE Thesaurus with Search
- Ability to add multiple search fields, mix and match search types however you like
- Savable Search Groups to facilitate complex search strategies
- Search History display
- Ability to combine History, Saved, and New Searches
- Proximity searching
- Increased search strategy character limit
We hope you find the new interface enhances your POPLINE search experience. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or problems using the new Advanced Search form please send them our way.